HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Audit your server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:09 am

Just a suggestion to owners of Servers. Dragon's Den is 1 year old as a public server in a couple of weeks so I thought it might be a good idea to do an audit. This was the result.

Many inactive accounts have been deleted. Players who had not logged on this year (Last 6 months) and were 3 updates behind.

8 players were discovered with more then the 15 character limit and 7 have been notified to reduce their number of ingame characters as this is in our rules. 1 person was deleted without notice as they had 35 ingame characters and had been warned before.

One player was found to have 15 user accounts and has been banned from Dragon's Den permanently.
They had the following account names :- lynxielover, Derpy, Derpy Hooves, HarlemShake, Shackle, Mistakes, Keyyva, Verdana, TextyTelephone, The Last Breath, Skully, Spotty, Avain, HarlemShake, Wolfgod1396. They are also running their own server I have been advised which is a complete copy of Dragon's Den (unconfirmed). I would suggest server owners keep an eye out for this person.

All up 3,834 Files were removed from the server. This greatly increase performance. This was a reduction in the server size by one third.

However if you do do this I suggest making a complete backup first in case you need to restore someone deleted by mistake.
In fact you should always have routine backups of your server in case something bad was to happen.

Anyway if your server is sluggish and running a bit rough it will not hurt to do an audit.

~Lazyzim~

Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired
RedEye

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2590

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:52 am

Worst part about IT is that even though these files are less than 1K, then on disk will they be 4K (depending on the blocksize your harddisk was formatted with).
So if you have AV, then I would recommend it from not scanning those files.

WindRunner

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:00 am

It looks like that user with 15 accounts is impersonating. Ik the real keyvva an she never has had more then 1 account and she wouldn't be one to break the rules.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:01 am

I don't own a server myself, but does this mean that there's another impersonator out there??

If so, then they've impersonated one of my friends too many... This seriously pisses me off... People need to grow the hell up already.
Back to top Go down
Virus.

Virus.

Game username : Virus
Server : Final Tale
Female Posts : 89

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Fantabulous.
B(
Back to top Go down
Keyyva

Keyyva

Game username : Keyyva
Female Posts : 26

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm

WindRunner wrote:
It looks like that user with 15 accounts is impersonating. Ik the real keyvva an she never has had more then 1 account and she wouldn't be one to break the rules.

WindRunner is correct, someone tried impersonating me. I will bet my life that I did not have 15 accounts.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Female Posts : 1198

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:15 pm

You guys need to take this up with DD staff team on their website not here in this thread. Lazy is making a suggestion not accusing anyone for something.

I'm sure IP check is all that's needed. Please keep this thread on topic.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Slycan wrote:
You guys need to take this up with DD staff team on their website not here in this thread. Lazy is making a suggestion not accusing anyone for something.

I'm sure IP check is all that's needed. Please keep this thread on topic.

I do understand that he is making a suggestion. However, shouldn't other servers be warned of the "impersonator" as well? I swear, I've seen so much of this "impersonator/thief" stuff that it's pretty damn old.
Back to top Go down
WindRunner

WindRunner

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:04 pm

I was not accusing, i was just telling everyone what i know.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Female Posts : 1198

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm

As I said we just need an IP
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Draak

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

I think that user also went by Wolfgod101 as well. A while ago RS did a cross check and it appeared their IPs matched if I remember correctly.

This is their IP according to the forums:
Back to top Go down
Keyyva

Keyyva

Game username : Keyyva
Female Posts : 26

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:20 pm

According to google, here is my IP:
Audit your server Ipaddr10

And did you ban the accounts or the IP? Because I can get into my account on the forum still.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:47 am

The person I found impersonating came from Atlanta Georgia in the USA. IP address 184.77.28.208.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
WindRunner

WindRunner

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:41 am

Well im glad keyyva didn't get banned because of an impersonator. I think dragons den is a good server for actualy looking into it and not seeing the name and just banning her. Its good people that make good servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Audit your server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audit your server   Audit your server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audit your server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: