HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? Empty
PostSubject: Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?   spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

Is it possible to make a prey spawn with a random texture?

For example; have a horse model with a palomino texture, buckskin texture, appaloosa texture and a rainbow texture, and upon spawn it selects one by random and does not change over time or animate.

Last edited by King Sombra on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Worthis
Coder
Coder
Worthis

Game username : Worthis
Server : Impressive Space
Male Posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?   spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am

You can create a critter for each horse with it's own material and write all horses to the critter spawn file for any map. And you get what you want - they will be spawn randomly.
Back to top Go down
http://ispace.su
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?   spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 am

But is there a way to do it without having to make 198724918742 different "versions" in the cd1 ?

So you could have multiple "Horse" prey without having to make separate prey in cd1 for every new texture. (Means you can have for example multiple colours or shades of rabbits so they don't all look identical)

Edit: otherwise you need to name them all different instead of them just having the one "Rabbit" or "Horse" name.
Back to top Go down
Worthis
Coder
Coder
Worthis

Game username : Worthis
Server : Impressive Space
Male Posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?   spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 am

but you still needed to make 198724918742 versions of materials for each texture Smile 
so...you can modify you critters file and add some option that will contain the all possible material names, and apply the random material on critter spawn.
All that can took a few lines of code, but each player will see the different critters (different textures).
Back to top Go down
http://ispace.su
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?   spawn - Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible to make Prey Spawn with a random of X number textures?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: