HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Map Spawn Point (FIXED)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyper
Admin
Hyper

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 564

spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) Empty
PostSubject: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:24 pm

So I know how to set a spawn point for portals to take you to; however, when I go through a portal, I'm always a few points off my X and Y coords. Is this normal? Is there any way to fix it besides creating gates instead of portals?

Last edited by Hyper on Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://azoptaos.boards.net/
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:50 am

The only way to choose where you spawn when going through a portal is using a gate. Regular portals' coords are overwritten by the world's .world file.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:09 am

King Sombra wrote:
The only way to choose where you spawn when going through a portal is using a gate. Regular portals' coords are overwritten by the world's .world file.

Actually that is not exactly correct as you can set it in the world file.

Here is an example from Dragon's Den it is for the Default Map.

[Initialize]
blankterrain.cfg <- OK we know that bit
5000 <- Map size
5000 <- Map Size
2253 1922 374 <- The point you arrive in the map. X and Y and last one is height not the middle like usually.
10 10 10 <- How close you can get to the edge of the map. Leave blank for default distance.

So entering from a portal or by teleporting you arrive here "2253 1922 374".
Hope this helps.
~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:01 am

lazyzim wrote:
King Sombra wrote:

Actually that is not exactly correct as you can set it in the world file.

Here is an example from Dragon's Den it is for the Default Map.

[Initialize]
blankterrain.cfg <- OK we know that bit
5000 <- Map size
5000 <- Map Size
2253 1922 374 <- The point you arrive in the map. X and Y and last one is height not the middle like usually.
10 10 10 <- How close you can get to the edge of the map. Leave blank for default distance.

So entering from a portal or by teleporting you arrive here "2253 1922 374".
Hope this helps.
~Lazyzim~

Actually that only applies for the world's global spawn point. Means regardless of the portal or side of the map you join in from, you'll always spawn at the same place.

Gates allow you to spawn at custom coords depending on the gate you enter from.

Portals are rather frustrating if you are trying to make a realistic map and you always spawn on say... the north side when you want to be spawning on the south side through one map and the north through another.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:05 am

OK I just changed those co-ordinates on a couple of map World files and using both portals and also Teleporting I ended up at my new co-ordinates. Changing the World files back and I returned to the original arrival co-ordinates. Gates are useful for moving around the same map. For example getting from one side of Savannah to another without the long run.

Maybe my compile is different then yours.

~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:24 pm

lazyzim wrote:
OK I just changed those co-ordinates on a couple of map World files and using both portals and also Teleporting I ended up at my new co-ordinates. Changing the World files back and I returned to the original arrival co-ordinates. Gates are useful for moving around the same map. For example getting from one side of Savannah to another without the long run.

Maybe my compile is different then yours.

~Lazyzim~

Yes this applies if you want to spawn at the same coords you enter in whenever you go through a portal regardless of the portal.
Meaning you'll always spawn at the spot that you enter.
If you want different portals to spawn you in different places though, you need gates, which was what I was saying. This is why when you went through cave portals in the original IT, you spawned just inside the entrance of the gate you entered, instead of on the south side or the middle or whatever.

E.G. Portals Plains, Valley & Forest all spawn you at coords 534, 43, 954 in Woodlands for examples. You can change 534, 43, 954 to whatever to hell you want but portals will ALWAYS spawn at whatever coords you put in the .world file, like below.

[Initialise]
woodlandsterrain.cfg
534 43 954
5 5 5

But Gates allow you to customise the spawn point for each GATE regardless of what it says under initialise.
So Plains gate might take you to 34, 43, 95 in Woodlands, Valley gate might take you to 65, 59, 1008 and Forest gate might take you to 589, 23, 4035.

I wasn't saying you were wrong, because you're not, but gates allow more freedom, unless you don't mind spawning right on the same spot every single time, regardless of where you came in from.

But, whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Going back to the original post (which we seem to have hi-jacked)
Yes it is normal, for some reason you are always slightly off on the co-ordinates and as King Sombra has said you need to use Gates if you want the accuracy.

But using gates you forgo the Portal Picture and can not resize the gate as it is a default size. This is whenever I use a gate unless they can be modified somehow. To get around this I set some of my gates as invisible and sink them into the ground, however they still cast a full size shadow.

~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 401

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Gates can display any material you assign to them....

As for the spawn coordinates inside the world file, you CAN effect how far away you are from your coordinates.

Hint: it's that last number Lazy said was for height.

It's a randomizer. The lower the number, the closer to the center of your coordinates you will spawn into.

Once tried a map a friend had made (many moons ago) that had the coordinates mixed up. players entering the map spawned at all kinds of crazy locations because the randomizer was so high. Useful when you wanna get your players good and lost/confused. but otherwise, best left to lower numbers.

[Initialize]
EmeraldWatersterrain.cfg
607 304 3154 <-that is an enormously high number, holy cow man. ("Emerald Waters" map designed by Bails.)
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin
Hyper

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 564

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:15 pm

@Lazy: I'm confused as to what the code under the spawn coords actually does? And do you know what the default is? I've never heard of it before, so thank you for pointing that out.

And you can make completely invisible gates by using a transparent texture and scene blend_alpha blend in the mat

@Hamilton: I tried playing with that last coord, but it just moves me South down the map when I lower it. Is there a minimum? When I had it set to my height at around 214 I would spawn a bit right to my coords. When I lowered it to 100 I spawned way off the map

Nevermind. For some reason when I go through a portal I spawn at some crazy spot, but when I use goto I go right to my coords. Thank you Hamilton.

Wow I need to do testing before I post here. I had a test gate with weird coords over my portal >_> Thank you so much Hamilton, the randomizer works very nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://azoptaos.boards.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Spawn Point (FIXED)   spawn - Map Spawn Point (FIXED) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Spawn Point (FIXED)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: