HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Playable '3D Presets'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Playable '3D Presets'   Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:39 pm

People have asked me how this was done, so I'm going to document the progress I had figured out thus far. Please note this is just a concept I figured out but it is very buggy. Maybe someone else will continue figuring this out and make it work better. :3

Concept of a 3D Preset:
Instead of just being able to retexture your character like normal presets, this enables players to play as brand new models that are not in the multiplayer body part selection using preset. They will be able to make their own models using one single model and a single texture, instead of separate body parts.

Sample Videos

Requirements for 3D Presets to work
1 - You need a rigged 3D model that has the playable default IT models HEAD animation names. This is to prevent crashing as the IT head model has the most animations - Here's a list of all the animation names the rigged model needs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This doesn't matter if you rig and weight-paint the model right on top of the magix.blend file, which is the default playable IT model source [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as you can just export it with all the animations already.

It does matter if you have a pre-animated model that isn't using the default IT playable skeleton, note the dragon video above which is from World of Warcraft, in which case you will need to manually change all it's animation names to the ones listed. This can be done if the animated model is in blender, but in most cases animation names can be changed by opening it's ____.skeleton.xml file in notepad++. Changing and editing animation names this way can be learned here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2- The model must have only 1 single texture/UV map. If you notice in the demonstration video with the dragon I tested this on, you will see that the models textures are messed up unlike the husky. This is due to the dragon having needed 2 textures for it's singular model.

Process of making a 3D Preset work in-game
This is the same thing as making a normal preset [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just with a few extra steps.

1-

-Still typing this up just saving :33-
Back to top Go down
anniethewildone

Game username : anniethewildone
Female Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Playable '3D Presets'   Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Looks AMAZING!!!!
Keep up the good work, Sly!
I would so want to play as those on your server!
If I could get on K.I.T.O.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
Animator
Animator

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1042

PostSubject: Re: Playable '3D Presets'   Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Ha, who needs to pay 100 or more for istaria xD
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

Male Posts : 531

PostSubject: Re: Playable '3D Presets'   Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Oh my goosh.
Is there a list of servers that allow this?
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Playable '3D Presets'   Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:47 am

No server I'm aware of does these for their regular members. Hopefully Redeye will figure it out and release the fix but after i doc it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playable '3D Presets'   

Back to top Go down

Playable '3D Presets'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: START HERE :: KITO's IT Source Code :: Guides & FAQs-
Jump to: