HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Actions suggestion/idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 401

Actions suggestion/idea Empty
PostSubject: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 5:31 pm

*checks other suggestion threads* nope
*checks modding threads* nope
*checks search tool* nope

WOO! Let's do this!

What if...you, as a player, could make your own poses to use in-game and share them easily with your friends/other players? Not fully animated things, but like..posing for a snap-shot. Maybe not even have the idle animation going.

See, what I was thinking of was something very similar to the emotes area of the actions tab. You know how it goes: you give the emote a name, list a few face actions for it to use, and a frame number for how far the eyes are closed. Boom, new emote! So why not have something like that for poses? Like a whole-body emote?

You have the name, and then your animations are all on the body instead. like..LPawRaise, RRearLift, TailDown, or HeadCockL. etc etc. You pick which ones to associate just the same as with emotes. And then in-game, you character does that pose. shifting from frame 0 to animation end and not going into a loop or idle animation like the actions and secondary actions. (bonus-points for the pose not returning to normal when walking so you sort of limp around)

Personally, this sounds like more programming than I'm comfortable attempting (my area of strength is copy/paste lol) but hey, other servers. *shakes idea at* WHY NOT?
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 3:12 am

This sounds like an amazing idea!
*passes on to more experienced coders*
but I don't think some of us are able to code this sort of thing, so as you said, any other server wanna have a go? Razz
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin
Hyper

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 564

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 4:32 am

it's more of a burden to an animator than a coder - they have to make all the animations that you'd combine to pose the unit

schuschu11

schuschu11

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

affraid nice game
Back to top Go down
Yeppermedepper

Yeppermedepper

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I have been trying to find ways to do this. Sadly, it only made the face and head perform the action.
I would think tail emotes would be a great idea also.
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 pm

It's wayyy easier than it sounds, secondary 'poses' and states (like limp) are accessible with patience and of course animation ability. If I were to add in a limp for when the player is wounded, I'd be looking at where the player walks, runs, and shifts into isStance for inspiration- > and just like I set up the run speed to be faster if you're in the battle stance, examples of having the game doing an animation differently if a condition is true without calling for the other magixmanagers are already there.

If a player is wounded, maybe the player will stop doing idle and start doing the 'woundedidle,' and on movement an if statement for wounded checks if this is true and gives you a different run or walk. All of this is either using ogre and it's dependencies, or turning things on and off/setting conditions in the game engine when you think about it.

Crouchlock or slow movements/increased gravity/friction (whatever suits your tastes to get it done) when injured might be something interesting to have too. Slower movement speed would make you feel clunky, increased gravity on just you would make your jumps stunted but maybe that'd appear weird to others, I'd probably try to bump up friction and gravity.

Maybe a timer could slow down the player's speed when hit for a second or two?

Though with all of this said it'd be even easier to break it all without making a code backup like a silly. Get a nice meal, good music, coffee/tea and these may be a fun learning experience.

Also, the animation system set up for Secondary Actions probably has your answers to making emotes full bodied. I personally wouldn't add that in, but if you're trying to make something players can exchange with one another that'd be your first direction to look in.

CustomAnimations.cfg... Shocked

EDIT: You could just add body and tail recognition in unitemotes.. the head skeleton can be manipulated as easily as the other two main areas of the body (manes/body, wings/tail)

After looking at it I probably will steal these main ideas.. or just continue on with loads of secondary actions. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Nefadozone on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Yeppermedepper

Yeppermedepper

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:15 pm

So if it's about the source code, then it's totally possible if you know where to look.
There needs to be a tutorial on this. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actions suggestion/idea   Actions suggestion/idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actions suggestion/idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: