HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 
 

 Few Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Few Questions   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:26 am

I've been wondering about these questions lately
I didn't wanna make two many threads made by the one person so I decided on just 1 thread.

1. I've seen servers with over 9 items allowed, I was wondering on how to change that? Solved

2. Without stuffing up the .mesh I was wondering on how I could rename the .mesh without it going all stupid and stuff Solved

3. I was wondering on how to change the color of a item, recently I tried to do it but it ended up the same color as the one I used, eg; I copied the .mesh that is the same item I am using for the item. Solved

4. My character jumps too low but when I click on something and jump its fine, same with flying up so fast and down.

5. When my character becomes wounded, it doesn't heal when I sit/lay in water, could I have a hand with that too? Solved

6. Last one I swear, I have been adding some new prey into the game (Not maps), but when I spawn them, they don't appear, I spell everything right and stuff, but its just not working. Solved

Thats basicly all
I'd love some help!
Thank you!

~Storm Lily~


Last edited by TheWolfLover88 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 547
Join date : 2012-09-07
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:53 am

Let's see...

1. This needs to be changed somewhere in the compile as well as changing the GUI to accomodate a bigger item box. I have seen servers that implemented a slider to do this. If you're unsure about messing with the compile or any GUI element to do this then I suggest asking a coder for help.

2. Renaming meshes is easy. It's the same as renaming any file. Just select the part of the name before .mesh and change it. The only way you can really stuff up the mesh is if you change the .mesh part to anything else. -shrug-

3. Okay, changing item colours. Simply copying a mesh and renaming it won't work. You need a new material file for it that states your new texture. Then you need to convert the mesh to an .xml file, open it with Notepad and replace the material listed inside with your new one. Then you convert it back to a .mesh file. You will need OgreXmlConverter for this.

4. This is a sync problem and if you search KITO you can find answers for it and tutorials on fixing it.

Hope that helps!

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

avatar

Game username : AutumnLeafdust
Server : Blazing Wolves (Owner)
Female Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-02-28
Age : 16
Location : Dreamland (Kirby World) with Meta Knight so, shush

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:37 am

*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:19 pm

AutumnLeafdust wrote:
*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3

I read over this 4 times.
Still slightly confused on it.

Do you have Skype so you can tell meh how to do it without completely stuffing up my game?
I already have backed up my files if I stuff it up.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-09-05
Age : 17
Location : deep in an existential crisis

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 pm

TheWolfLover88 wrote:
AutumnLeafdust wrote:
*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3

I read over this 4 times.
Still slightly confused on it.

Do you have Skype so you can tell meh how to do it without completely stuffing up my game?
I already have backed up my files if I stuff it up.

Code:
#define MAX_EQUIP 12
Change "12" to whatever number you want, recompile.
Go ingame and see if the item slots go outside of the actual item box (when you press your inventory). If so, then follow WolfLover88's steps.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:33 am

Vιrus wrote:
TheWolfLover88 wrote:
AutumnLeafdust wrote:
*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3

I read over this 4 times.
Still slightly confused on it.

Do you have Skype so you can tell meh how to do it without completely stuffing up my game?
I already have backed up my files if I stuff it up.

Code:
#define MAX_EQUIP 12
Change "12" to whatever number you want, recompile.
Go ingame and see if the item slots go outside of the actual item box (when you press your inventory). If so, then follow WolfLover88's steps.

Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

avatar

Game username : AutumnLeafdust
Server : Blazing Wolves (Owner)
Female Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-02-28
Age : 16
Location : Dreamland (Kirby World) with Meta Knight so, shush

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:47 am

TheWolfLover88 wrote:
Vιrus wrote:
TheWolfLover88 wrote:
AutumnLeafdust wrote:
*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3

I read over this 4 times.
Still slightly confused on it.

Do you have Skype so you can tell meh how to do it without completely stuffing up my game?
I already have backed up my files if I stuff it up.

Code:
#define MAX_EQUIP 12
Change "12" to whatever number you want, recompile.
Go ingame and see if the item slots go outside of the actual item box (when you press your inventory). If so, then follow WolfLover88's steps.

Those item slots that are outside can't be touched unfortunately, unless you edit something (The part that confused me on the gui.overlay thing x^x)
Course, I'm gonna check between 2 gui.overlay files (one from my 2.0 version of my server being up in Mediafire, the other from the test compile, and i'll edit this for when i find what exact part of the gui.overlay should be changed)

Edit: Found it, so yes it's in gui.overlay, but I'm gonna do 2 separate codes (something quick, but on what you used to open the file, search for ItemBox (caps dont matter unless you look for it with caps specifically))
Test Build GUI:
 
Own server GUI:
 
See how the first part of it is changed? (I forgot what the changed thing near the end does, possibly it changes where the stash box is located)
Test Build:
 
Own Server:
 
Now, one thing to do is, a copy first of all, and change the height (Until all the Item boxes are not sticking out) and then comes the Inventory box, whiiiiich I unfortunately, forgot what it was (someone correct me on where it is please ene)


Last edited by AutumnLeafdust on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Dumb me is dumb, you're only supposed to edit the height >-< (And keep forgetting the smallest fails))
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:34 am

AutumnLeafdust wrote:
TheWolfLover88 wrote:
Vιrus wrote:
TheWolfLover88 wrote:
AutumnLeafdust wrote:
*Sudden sneeze*
So about #1, I always tend to mess with that (for reasons) but, the item limit's pretty easy to change. Heck, no advanced coding is needed for putting more item slots

GameConfig.h in the Solution.sln file (Well no duh on the solution but better to be safe than sorry)
Code:
// BIG FAT WARNING:
// DO NOT CHANGE MAX_EQUIP ON A SERVER THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING
#define MAX_EQUIP 12 // 9 is max recommended
#define MAX_STASH 150
#define MAX_PARTYMEMBERS 10
See where it says MAX_EQUIP 12? (It says 12 because this is a code test build lmao, also ignore the party member and max stash thing hhh) Normally it would say, 8 I believe (Idiot me forgot since it's been a while since I fiddled with that x-x) but, to change it, to let's say, 15 items, change the 8 into a 15, then recompile. Now the one problem is the item box (If I could I could get a pic but I can't because, well, dumb router is all i'm saying) doesn't adjust to the new item slots, but if memory serves me it can be edited in the gui.overlay file in the overlays folder (Whatever IT Game you have > media > overlays) (Also, guys, correct me if im miserably wrong on the gui.overlay part if you wish x.x)

2, 3 and 4, you can use Obey's advice :3

I read over this 4 times.
Still slightly confused on it.

Do you have Skype so you can tell meh how to do it without completely stuffing up my game?
I already have backed up my files if I stuff it up.

Code:
#define MAX_EQUIP 12
Change "12" to whatever number you want, recompile.
Go ingame and see if the item slots go outside of the actual item box (when you press your inventory). If so, then follow WolfLover88's steps.

Those item slots that are outside can't be touched unfortunately, unless you edit something (The part that confused me on the gui.overlay thing x^x)
Course, I'm gonna check between 2 gui.overlay files (one from my 2.0 version of my server being up in Mediafire, the other from the test compile, and i'll edit this for when i find what exact part of the gui.overlay should be changed)

Edit: Found it, so yes it's in gui.overlay, but I'm gonna do 2 separate codes (something quick, but on what you used to open the file, search for ItemBox (caps dont matter unless you look for it with caps specifically))
Test Build GUI:
 
Own server GUI:
 
See how the first part of it is changed? (I forgot what the changed thing near the end does, possibly it changes where the stash box is located)
Test Build:
 
Own Server:
 
Now, one thing to do is, a copy first of all, and change the height (Until all the Item boxes are not sticking out) and then comes the Inventory box, whiiiiich I unfortunately, forgot what it was (someone correct me on where it is please ene)


I have 15 item slots in total.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 547
Join date : 2012-09-07
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:54 am

You might wanna move the Stash button back to the bottom too so it isn't covering up some of your items.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:59 am

A 5th question has been added.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Game username : SoftMoon | MissDiealot
Female Posts : 328
Join date : 2015-03-03
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:30 am

2. Just rename the mesh like you'd rename a picture, I guess?

3. http://www.kitopen.com/t1607-so-you-want-to-retexture?highlight=retexture

4. http://www.kitopen.com/t3569-how-do-i-change-back-the-gravity-solved

5. http://www.kitopen.com/t3159-cannot-revive?highlight=Unable+to+revive
Back to top Go down
http://missdiealot.deviantart.com/
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:43 am

6th question added...

I swear it'll be my last one...
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

avatar

Game username : AutumnLeafdust
Server : Blazing Wolves (Owner)
Female Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-02-28
Age : 16
Location : Dreamland (Kirby World) with Meta Knight so, shush

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am

Boop, but, on number 6, what I'm guessing from that is, you add the prey on the cd1-unencrypted.dat file, but when you go in the game to try and spawn them, they don't show up? Because if that's the case, then you need to reencrypt (I say reencrypt because I got nothing else to say >U) the cd1-unencrypted alongside the encrypted cd1 (if you made changes to cd2 and ad1, both unencrypted, you need to reencrypt those as well)

If you DID however encrypt the cd1-unencrypted file and they still don't spawn, then it might be the case sensitive thing kicking in (note, still a noob at this IT stuff but i know the basics e-o)
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

avatar

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:10 am

Almost everything is solved.
Could I have help with the last one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   

Back to top Go down
 
Few Questions
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: