HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Attacking Critters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dixion

Female Posts : 3

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm

White discussing map making, someone suggested making critters attack without you attacking first.

Is it even possible?
For example:
You enter a map and pass a certain point. When you pass it you become a target immediately.
Back to top Go down
Lightningkin

Male Posts : 4

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:32 pm

It is possible, the same way that Halfblood uses the aggression code for the shadow enemies. The only difficulties would be having multiple players to target. So it would probably work best if you were to have the enemies spawn from each individual game instead of the server, to lock on to one single player despite any friends they have around them.
Back to top Go down
dixion

Female Posts : 3

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Thank you. I'll play around with the aggression code a bit.

I guess it would be funny to place it on a item, instead of critters itself. Player sees a rare item, goes to grab it and as soon he clicks it, the critters start attacking him while the item disappears.
Back to top Go down
WarAndPeace

WarAndPeace

Female Posts : 4

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Thats a very interesting idea.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smokey

Smokey

Game username : Smokey
Server : Last Moon

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 am

It'd be annoying but quite new and cool c:
Annoying because you might just be collecting items or skills or whatever, and then this strong animal comes and starts beating the crap outta you.
Back to top Go down
Alliance

Alliance

Game username : Alliance
Server : Last World, Dragons Den
Male Posts : 6

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Lol I agree with Smokey.
It would be a bit annoying to have a critter randomly attacking you while in a trade.
Thought It would be entertaining to see some one running away with the item while the critter attacks.
Back to top Go down
Lord Riny

Lord Riny

Game username : Deathpaw
Female Posts : 20

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:30 pm

I've been thinking about doing this with big bosses.You could make a whole new cave map and put the boss on there..Just pit the portal in the map that has the other creatures like that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attacking Critters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Critters   Attacking Critters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attacking Critters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: