HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

KITO Server List Revamp Idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narifia

Narifia

KITO Server List Revamp Idea Empty
PostSubject: KITO Server List Revamp Idea   KITO Server List Revamp Idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 11:13 pm

I did a super quick search and browsed threads to make sure this hadn't been suggested, and I didn't see anything quite like what I was looking for, so here goes:

KITO is a great site and hub for IT and FH servers, especially for developers--there's no denying that. However, I think KITO could be improved to also serve players who are simply looking to find an IT server that is right for them to play on.

So far as I could tell, the only Server List we have at the moment is here: http://www.kitopen.com/t3526-list-of-online-servers, and it... isn't a very helpful one. It simply has a banner and link to each server's site/game download, and that's it.

What I've been looking for--and can't find even on each of the listed Servers' sites, is what character species are available for you to play. Yes, for some of them like Dragon's Den and Wolf Soul it's pretty obvious--but for others it's hard to tell. I've been looking for a server that has hyenas available as playable characters, but I can't find a one that says they do. Last Moon comes the closest to listing their available species but still doesn't list them all, as all I could find mentioned on their site was "wolf, lion, bear, bunny and more," but through all my searching I could never figure out what the "more" was. I don't want to have to download the game or sign up for the forum either just to find out--that information really should just be accessible so players can screen servers to find the features they want.

My suggestion is to update or create a new Server List that requires server owners to list more than just a screenshot, banner, and links. Things that should be required are:

*What species are currently available to play as
*What this server offers that is unique from other servers

By Googling around I found a pretty reliable list of Servers that also lists whether or not the server is currently active, offline, or undergoing maintenance, as well as Pros and Cons: http://unio-mentium.deviantart.com/art/Impressive-Title-Servers-Updated-on-4-19-16-455021949, and I believe this is a great place to start in providing a more useful Server List here on KITO, but it needs to address the things I listed above as well.

Are there any other categories that should be added? When you're searching for an IT server to call home, what are you most looking for that you would like to know about before downloading the game? Do you like this idea or have any other suggestions for it? Please discuss here! Smile
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

FagonStar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: KITO Server List Revamp Idea   KITO Server List Revamp Idea I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 1:19 am

This is a pretty cool idea, actually. c: Maybe you could also add wether or not the sever includes the OIT media. Some servers completely scrap the OIT media, and some incorporate it with their own stuff.
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 441

PostSubject: Re: KITO Server List Revamp Idea   KITO Server List Revamp Idea I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 7:30 pm

This one was inspired by old server list.

My server list is only for people to get to know which servers are online,not what which servers had.
That is the reason why server owners making forums...so you can join and get informations from the original forum.

Ya want playable hyena? Many servers have feline and canine FH body with possibility to put hyena head on it.

Just don't forget one thing; It is not easy to create an IT server,for everyone and with everything,cuz people then would gettin crazy cuz it is big almost like World of Warcarft.

And not everyone had computer which can handle servers like DD or Last Moon.

And ya said ya don't want to join the forum to only see what they have...and honestly,ya think I want to be on 50 IT server to only get informations and post it here?

It is not that easy...but if I would have a free time,I would update it with informations I can get from owners and/or players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KITO Server List Revamp Idea   KITO Server List Revamp Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KITO Server List Revamp Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: