HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

New server suggestion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zaralioness14

zaralioness14

New server suggestion Empty
PostSubject: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 12:23 pm

Does anyone miss old original IT ? I surely do. So my suggestion is to create a new server which will be similar to ITr maybe. I've been playing IT since 2009, so I have some experience and knowledge which can be helpful. So, let me know if you want to join me Smile
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler
Witacha

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1246

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 7:50 pm

I
don't
want
to
be
rude
But

these days peeps doesn't care anymore about OIT or ITR people are more into new features
they have been severals servers who attempted to create normal IT server but they gave up very quickly since there was nobody interested

so ye good luck : 3
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
TortDoll
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
TortDoll

Game username : -
Server : KoF(owner), LoTW(mod)
Female Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 pm

As Witacha said, now-a-days people are more interested in "the next big thing", new content, especially models and animations - all original items... all that fun stuff, features, etc etc.

- Good luck though! It doesn't hurt to try or at least have it for friends and what not.
Back to top Go down
Jayx

Jayx

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 338

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 6:57 am

Idk I never liked the "new" servers, they're rather boring and starting to become all the same and despite trying to involve people in the "RP/Lore" it just doesn't work for me. I'm a die-hard oIT fan and if you think you can make a nice "oIT" style server, you should totally go for it. I'll be rooting for you -- I'm sure there has to be a few others who agree with me but who knows

//shrugs -- yes i realize this is a few days or so old
Back to top Go down
Kawoie
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Kawoie

Game username : Kawoie
Server : N/A
Male Posts : 157

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 7:21 am

Personal opinion time.

Obviously, within a community there are multiple opinions however with so many people it cannot be enforced into one group with a single opinion.
There are people who are oIT fans, and there are people who want to reel in new content.
Now the number of oldie supporters compared to people who want new, fresh media is outnumbered by far. I'm not saying running an original server like the old days will bring failure, but I guarantee there will not be many people joining or being active in the community as I've tried myself multiple times.
As what I'm trying to clarify; not many people are into oIT resembling-servers anymore. Most people nowadays want new things and more capabilities in games.

I'm all for you doing what you want, and you should definitely do so, as this is your own choice and everyone is simply making comments of how they feel/their opinions and this is based upon how you personally feel. I fully support this idea, but I'm just speaking for a good 80% of the community with what I said, maybe more.

Perhaps an older IT resembling server, but not a complete vanilla copy. Different looks, outcomes, same lore, content, etc. It gets a bit tiring from repeat after repeat with not much to do and little places to go if you see what I'm saying, you know?
Overall, I do bid you good luck with all that you do and your server! I'm sure that enough effort being put in it will be in a great place.
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:16 pm

I would like to see IT put to rest as far as folks trying to 'recreate' the experience, as most of our minds are clouded by time. As more time passes, we're getting close to almost ten years ago that this indie game popped in and out of existence. Moving on to new code and new, obtainable goals would be a lot more prosperous than shuffling around in this old source all the time.

It's like replaying a PS1 game you loved as a kid and realizing it's actually eye-diarrhea. (particularly my memories of the game Dinosaur are all false and all wrong, as seeing that game now makes me wonder where all my imagination went to make me think it looked just like the movie) Or wondering how in the world you spent 5 dollars to rent Bubsy 3D, or another knee slapper like Paperboy for the N64 for two weeks... Not to offend everyone but please see that there's so much more out there.

New server suggestion Untitl10

I'd keep your memories to yourself and use them as an inspiration to make your own game, your way. With a professional game engine.
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New server suggestion   New server suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New server suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: