HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uta

Uta

Game username : Schizophrenicsurs
Server : Chernobyl
Female Posts : 7

Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) Empty
PostSubject: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:31 pm

So this is one of those sorta pipe dream type of things, but people who heard about it were really supportive, so if I can get enough support on it and volunteers to help, I'll try to make this as much as I can.
Chernobyl is gonna be a post-apocalyptic themed game taking place in america, the starting point is, well, Chernobyl, the place of radiation itself. It will be a city map and realistic, so items you get will be like collars, vests, and harnesses.

I want to aim for a realistic north american environment feel, so some of the animals you can play as will be native, such as various canines, cats, deer, equine, and rabbits, of course there will be others that escaped from zoos, but very few and more realistic ones, such as big cats, zebras, and hyenas. The bodies will change depending on the animal, of course, but stuff like foxes, cats, equine, big cats, those will be the easier ones, the ones that will have the most vary in body types will be the dogs themselves. http://swift-whippet.deviantart.com/gallery/824381/Dog-Breed-Icons

Heads, tails, and fur textures will be linked to specific bodies, and though it seems like a lot of work, it will be handled organized and without rush and generally low pressure, so most likely dogs will be the last thing we focus on considering the varying types of canines.

All prey will either be native or mutated animals, and all maps will resemble an american feel with city, forest, farm, and even coast/beach maps, I plan to change the animations too so instead of dances they'll be realistic animal animations. Even the markings will have general realism.

What I need to make this to work
People to help me with models/meshes, textures, and animations, because the first and most important part about the game is presentation, the current models are nice and all but honestly I've seen people do so much more with their models and I wanna aim for something more nice and appealing. (And to not have the swim be the run animation)

Concept artists, this is a big one, cause we're going with a realistic style and I'll need this for especially models, meshes, and landscapes, if the person that can make models and meshes can work without or make their own references, awesome, otherwise this is surprisingly important to heck.

People to help with maps and hopefully enjoy making maps, I hear about people saying how tedious maps are with collision, and I will say, some areas probably won't need collision such as forests, but the objects that do such as buildings and dens, those are more why I hope the people who join won't try to murder me in my sleep for wanting a city map or two.

People to help with coding, ahh yes, the most devious thing in any game, coding. I have no idea how to mess with the coding of IT yet and honestly wish FH's code was out so it'd be easier to edit and make games, but from what I know most of the stuff is visual, one thing is certain we will be coding in textures and making it so the characters don't slide after they run or delay when they start to run, but from there the coding aspect is a learning aspect for me considering most my work is in the visual aspect, though there probably will be more work down the road to look forward to.

If I get enough people to volunteer or offer up anything, then I'll begin trying to work on this game. I do wanna mess with the story mode myself so the game and world has a backstory too on why the world became the way it is, but that's something I'll wanna figure out myself.

Like I said, it's a pipe dream, but IT has so much potential with the right coders, meshers, and textures, so I wanted to see if anyone was willing to help use this game to its full potential.
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler
Witacha

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1246

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:00 am

Don't forget that you will have to pay ^^
I doubt a programmer will come for free nor a modeler to do everything.
Good luck tho :v
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
Uta

Uta

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:24 am

Witacha wrote:
Don't forget that you will have to pay ^^
I doubt a programmer will come for free nor a modeler to do everything.
Good luck tho :v
Thanks, and honestly I was thinking of doing most of it myself after seeing people like you and a few of the former arokai people work, but I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in helping, which is why I threw this out there since I wanted to work on a server for awhile.
I was already planning on working on my own games in general from scratch, some I could sell for profit, but I wanted to practice with an IT server for experience as well as trying to use IT's creativity to its full potential, because it has so much potential and every other server only scratches the surface of it.
Thanks, and keep making awesome models dude! Your work is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler
Witacha

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1246

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:38 am

Oh ty : o <3
And yes IT servers are the best to learn how to handle a community/ make a game in all sort of ways
that's how i learned 3D Modeling and that's the futur job i want to have : D

3 years ago KITO was full of members who were willing to help (me as well) for free but now people are more into money because they have their own server, their skills improved and they don't have much time to do free stuff like me but i really hope that you can find people who can help you out !
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
TortDoll
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
TortDoll

Game username : -
Server : KoF(owner), LoTW(mod)
Female Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 12:17 am

Do you know anything about programming, or where to start? You said you were thinking about selling this and that and starting out on an IT server, I was just curious if you knew any basics?
Back to top Go down
Uta

Uta

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 2:57 am

TortDoll wrote:
Do you know anything about programming, or where to start? You said you were thinking about selling this and that and starting out on an IT server, I was just curious if you knew any basics?

Actually yes, I was planning to use KITO as a starting and learning ground for future references but I can confidently say that I actually know a small sum of programming and coding and have the resources for it
Back to top Go down
TortDoll
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
TortDoll

Game username : -
Server : KoF(owner), LoTW(mod)
Female Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 11:21 am

Schizophrenicsurs wrote:
TortDoll wrote:

Actually yes, I was planning to use KITO as a starting and learning ground for future references but I can confidently say that I actually know a small sum of programming and coding and have the resources for it

You know what? If you can provide some sort of sample, or more info I'd say YES definitely go for it then, with the know-how on basic coding, the rest should be pretty 'breezy', especially with as many resources you've got here on KITO.

How would you provide a sample, you ask? Make a small test server, or the 'beginner' of your server, and dabble in some code and post some screens, see what you come up with/figure out! Programming is the most expensive here aside from animation and modeling, so if you can grasp that, I think more people would (should) be willing to contribute to this project, to make something better, bigger, and more unique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)   Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chernobyl (post-apocalypse server idea)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: