HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

What's up with This.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
strandedcat

Game username : octopus and/or strandedcat
Server : Impressive Glory
Female Posts : 44

What's up with This. Empty
PostSubject: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 am

What's up with the people spawning private items? .3. I'm not giving out any names, just wondering how. You can't spawn any. How come I see people running around with shards and paw fires? BI
Back to top Go down
Nala_91
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Nala_91

Game username : Nala_91
Server : Royal Skies
Female Posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:46 am

You do know this is a test server, the option to spawn items is allowed.
Back to top Go down
strandedcat

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 am

I know that. BI But some items your not allowed to spawn, yet these people are allowed to spawn them. If I try to spawn.. hm, blue shard, it will say 'cannot create private item.'

But some people CAN spawn them. I'm just curious about it, and on a certain thread it said something about editing some file that won't be named. : x
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

I am curious about what exactly is a "private" item.

Considering that the whole game is in fact in the public domain.

Just because you have created some mesh (or posibly found it on the net) you can not claim to own it.

If you do not wish others to use it then you do not add it to an IT server.

At the moment I am completing a public IT server. There are over 2,800 files in the game.
Large numbers of them, meshes, maps, etc I made. Once I release it to the public, that is it.
I no longer have control of my work and I expect parts of it to be "borrowed" for other games.
I can not encrypt it like a commercial game, but then they get pulled apart and used anyway.

I have attempted to make my game contain no items/meshes that others may consider their own. Since I have no idea who actually made them originally, if any do slip through then tough luck really.

All items within my game with the exception of the Admin Aura are available for all.

So again I say what is a private item? It has no place in a public game.

~Lazyzim~

Back to top Go down
strandedcat

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Private item is a item that somebody made for themself. But I don't know why admins are able to spawn it.

Anyway, my argument is invalid because you basically pointed out everything.
Back to top Go down
ParadeDemon

Server : Eternal Evening

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:28 am

You can spawn them by editing the items file with Notepad.

I won't tell you what to change, cause redeye made me find it out on my own after telling me that, but it's floating around the forums here if I remember right :U
Back to top Go down
Kyrotonia

Female Posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 am

lazyzim wrote:
I am curious about what exactly is a "private" item.

Considering that the whole game is in fact in the public domain.

Just because you have created some mesh (or posibly found it on the net) you can not claim to own it.

If you do not wish others to use it then you do not add it to an IT server.

At the moment I am completing a public IT server. There are over 2,800 files in the game.
Large numbers of them, meshes, maps, etc I made. Once I release it to the public, that is it.
I no longer have control of my work and I expect parts of it to be "borrowed" for other games.
I can not encrypt it like a commercial game, but then they get pulled apart and used anyway.

I have attempted to make my game contain no items/meshes that others may consider their own. Since I have no idea who actually made them originally, if any do slip through then tough luck really.

All items within my game with the exception of the Admin Aura are available for all.

So again I say what is a private item? It has no place in a public game.

~Lazyzim~

this was my exact thought as of recently.. honestly, yeah. public source games probably shouldn't.. *ducks*
Back to top Go down
Dead Account (Taka)

Game username : Dead Account
Server : Dead Account
Female Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Test servers allow FREE use of any private items, and there is no harm of doing so.

If you were going to make your own server, THEN you need to get permission. End of story. So, yes, technically you are allowed to spawn items. But if you don't know how to do so, edit the Items.cfg file in the Release folder.

Not naming how to do it. You either look it up on the forum's search box or just figure it out yourself, kid.

~TakaWolfPlayer
Back to top Go down
Jayx

Jayx

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 338

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 pm

-facepalm-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with This.   What's up with This. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up with This.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: KITO Test Client-
Jump to: