HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Help in finding some animals!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Micao

Micao

Game username : Mercer
Server : Galaxy of Infinity
Male Posts : 13

Help in finding some animals! Empty
PostSubject: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am

I've been looking for dinosaur mobs, dragons for a long time, as I've seen on several IT servers. Does anyone know a reference to the Brontosaurus, the Green Dragon? And others .. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Z

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 12:13 pm

I think only certain people had permission to use the brontosaurus. And which green dragon?
Back to top Go down
Micao

Micao

Game username : Mercer
Server : Galaxy of Infinity
Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Steve wrote:
I think only certain people had permission to use the brontosaurus. And which green dragon?

Green Chinese Dragon
Back to top Go down
Z

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm

i haven't seen that. I assume It's probably also something you need permission for.
Back to top Go down
Spore2000

Spore2000

Game username : Spore2000

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

i think its a WoW model or some thing i dunno
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
ObeyTheFist

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 1:29 am

The brontosaurus you see in Dragon's Den came from Sanctum of Eventide and only we have permission to use it. If you are looking for a bronto model you will need to find one, rig it and animate it.

Can't say I've ever seen a green Chinese dragon in a server, but it is likely a World of Warcraft model as Spore2000 said.

If you Google search for 3D dinosaur and dragon meshes you should be able to find quite a few. Depending on what sort of look/quality you're after you can find things ranging in price from free to $600+. Up to you if you want to spend anything and how much if you do.

I know there are a couple of free dinosaur and dragon meshes here on KITO - by Steve and Hamilton. Just use the search feature to find them.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
Animator
Animator
GlaciaTheWolf

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1049

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

If you are talking about this: http://img7.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2012/07/22/dragon1.jpg or: https://2img.net/h/i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa294/Sahdrani/ChineseDragons.jpg. These are both wow models and i highly recommend not using them. I do believe i have seen a bronto on a free website, though i cant remember where at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 401

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Brontosaurus came from OpenGameArt. I smoothed his head a bit to make it less brachiosaurus looking; but if you were to compare the vertices, you'd see they are the same mesh. I was payed by Seb to rig this for SoE and (as Obey has already mentioned) anything SoE is now Dragon'sDen property. You're free to re-rig and texture the model yourself, though Wink It's actually a pretty good model to learn with.

BTW; screenshots would have help better for identifying these (and any other questionable) critters.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 am

As Glacia has said, the Chinese dragon is a WOW model and we have removed it from our next release of Dragon's Den. We are currently auditing all our meshes and removing any WOW content. Some were used by players in map creation contests we had when DD was first being made as a server.

Also be aware when purchasing models online there are people selling stolen work from WOW and other games. If you do not play those games you can be caught by not realizing till a player spots the mesh on your server and they give you a link to the original owners. Currently we are only purchasing material from know source sites but even they are being caught with stolen content being submitted for sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help in finding some animals!   Help in finding some animals! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help in finding some animals!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT :: Critter Models & Textures-
Jump to: