HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Obey has left Dragon's Den

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 547

PostSubject: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Here's a copy/paste of the thread I wrote on Dragon's Den - for those with accounts on DD's forum, here's the link: https://dragonsden.freeforums.net/thread/12597/goodbye-dragons-den

Hello all players of Dragon's Den!

First of all... HAPPY NEW YEARS! I hope 2018 brings you all better things than 2017 did!

You may have heard at some point over the last few months that I'm moving.

Yes, it's true. I'm moving a few hours away and across a state border. I had my last day at work on the 29th (they gave me a chocolate farewell cake Very Happy) and I move on the 5th of January. (It will likely be the 4th for many of you!)

If I don't respond please don't think I'm ignoring you! I have been informed that my new house will not have internet for anywhere up to two months and so I will only have my tiny amount of phone internet data to work with. But I will not reply on this forum at all.

Yes, you read the thread title correctly. This is not just about me moving. I have poured my heart and soul into this game and forum for the last five and a half years. I have tried to be the best admin and owner I could be.

I made mistakes. I'm not perfect - nobody is. And I apologise for anything I may have done that was not in the best interests of Dragon's Den and its players.

It's been a long time. And mostly a good time. But sadly all things must come to an end and so my time here has ended as well.

I leave you all with my Guardian Dragons; along with all the lore and backstories I have woven into the world of Dragon's Den to help bring it to life.

I leave Dragon's Den in the hands of LazyZim and the staff that remain.

I will be around, I will just no longer be on this forum, the Dragon's Den game, the Discord server for Dragon's Den or the Dragon's Den deviantART group. I will still be on Discord and deviantART in general if anyone wants to chat! (Not on dA much though)

"But Obey, DD is your baby, why are you leaving?"

Yes, Dragon's Den IS my baby. But it has been made clear to me, through the actions and words of the game's co-owner and only other admin, LazyZim, that I am no longer wanted or needed here.

I will not stay where I am not needed or not wanted... and so I am leaving - leaving my house and leaving the game.

I will not post details. Please do not ask on here.

Goodbye everyone. It's been a crazy ride and I don't regret sharing my creations with you wonderful players!

~Former admin and co-owner, ObeyTheFist~

Now, as far as I am aware, shortly after I posted this LazyZim decided to shut down the whole server with absolutely no warning to anyone.

I have no idea what he plans to do with it as I had already informed him and all the staff a couple of days beforehand that I was leaving. Apparently my goodbye post came as a 'shock' despite the couple of days warning.

So DD was out of my hands when it was shut down. If you wish to know what will happen to it then I'm afraid you'll have to ask LazyZim. We are no longer friends and I do not plan to speak to him again so please do not ask me as I do not know, nor will I relay any messages.

The longest online server seems to be no more. I'm very sorry for all those on here that enjoyed playing Dragon's Den. I simply left, I did not want it to shut down. LazyZim did say that if things went south he would keep the server running as long as possible.

(Copy/paste of a conversation, but nothing was edited I assure you)

Sorry again to all those who loved Dragon's Den.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
Yugen

Server : Impressive Kairos (WIP)
Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this, but nothing lasts forever.
Good luck, Obey.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
Animator
Animator

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1033

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Sad to see you go obey... I'll definitely miss you.
Back to top Go down
KittyKylo

Game username : KittyKylo
Server : N/A
Female Posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:02 pm

Indeed sad to see you go. I hope the next year will bring you good luck and happiness!
Back to top Go down
http://xkittykylo.deviantart.com/
Kawoie
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Glasmar
Male Posts : 154

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Very interesting. It is sad to see the server go, but some things happen for very good reasons. I am assuming this is one of those situations.
Back to top Go down
Tigg

Game username : Tigg
Server : Impressive Title by Tigg
Female Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:15 am

Do whats best for you and your soul! I dont know you but i can imagine how you feel and you made a hard but right decision.

Maybe the server is just down for maintenance, i cant imagine that the big community of DD will be dropped without notice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tiggcreations.com
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 am

Yes, there are very good reasons. Won't go into detail here.

Whatever happens with DD is for LazyZim to decide. If he wants to put the server back up he's certainly free to do so. It's nothing to do with me anymore.

I might be around here and there, internetless...ness... permitting.

Will still help out on here where I can.
Back to top Go down
HexenHatter

Server : I'm everywhere, man.
Female Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Ahh this is a shame. In the end, I guess things happen. Good luck to you in the future, Obey!
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am

HexenHatter wrote:
Ahh this is a shame. In the end, I guess things happen. Good luck to you in the future, Obey!

It is a shame, I wasn't expecting it to shut down.

And thank you!
Back to top Go down
Buzzkill

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:38 pm

In my personal opinion i've always felt that you (obey) have been brilliant with the server and staff but i just always had an off feeling for lazy and when i read everything that happened on the forum the staff posted i actually wasnt as shocked i guess maybe i slightly knew something was iffy to start with i dont know it could of just been me

DD i have known is or /was/ the longest running server after OIT shut down so i am sad to say goodbye to it when i had thoughts to possibly return in the future but i hope you have a safe move and a better 2018 with people who love you and care about you obey and i hope this does not happen to any other decent servers currently online

happy 2018 to you all hopefully! even if DD goes you all have your great friends and memories from it just remember that!
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 am

Thank you, I've been busy packing! I'll be very busy the next day and then I move so you likely won't see me around much for a little while.

All the best for 2018 to you!
Back to top Go down
Jewel Fazbear

Game username : JewelFazbear
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 am

Aww... I'm really gonna miss DD.It's my favorite IT server so far ;-; I haven't known the game well as yet but I really enjoy it. We'll miss you and I hope you have a great new year!
Welp, DD's future is in LazyZim's hands now. I hope he decides to keep the server online... ;u;
Back to top Go down
Tsezar

Server : Aoi Tenshi (creator)
Male Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm

unexpected turn, Obey.. It's really sad. I wish you luck
Back to top Go down
https://tsezar-h.deviantart.com
Lux

Female Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

I was really busy lately and wasn't really paying attention to the IT community. so now that I read this I'm really shocked and really disappointed. DD will remain in my heart forever, sad to see it go. I wish you an awesome 2018 Obey, good luck!
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Male Posts : 758

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Just so you know.
A personal disagreement between Obey and myself got out of hand and the staff and players should never have been brought into it. As adults we should have been able to fix our differences. We had been real time friends for over 9 years.

Dragon's Den has not closed down. A lot of the staff departed with Obey and many players. However the community is still strong and the game will continue as long as players wish to escape the real world into the imagination of Obey and myself.

Obey may have chosen to leave, which I sadly regret her doing, but the game will continue to show her amazing abilities and always contain a piece of her and my soul.

Current version of Dragon's Den is Version 10. A new update which took Obey and I with submissions of many players and staff and friends over 14 months to complete.

Best wishes to Obey and everyone on KITO for 2018.
~LazyZim~
Back to top Go down
jengatower

Game username : jengatower
Female Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 am

i was there to see the showdown, and still really upset over the fact that you left DD. of course, it was completely justified for you and the rest of the staff members to break contact. shit sounded tough for you all.

good luck on your future endeavors. love ya. <3
Back to top Go down
MadMadameFlare

Game username : MadMadameFlare
Server : -in progress-
Female Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am

It's sad to see you go, Obey, but I'm sure we all wish the best for you, in this new year.
After seeing everything that happened in the background, I do not blame you for leaving.
You made the right choice, though I know it was hard.b

Here's to hoping that more people are as brave as you, and the majority of the staff of Dragon's Den were, to bring this issue into the light.

I will not disclose details of the issue, but I am happy that you guys were strong enough to quit.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:39 am

Thank you all.

As far as I am aware, as I have no contact with LazyZim anymore, I do believe he had decided to keep DD running.

Not sure for how long, but that's what I heard from those that still visit DD.

So if you still enjoy DD you can do so for a while longer~
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 am

Yes Obey has broken all contact with me.
However her staff are still causing problems.
Bullying of players who refuse to quit the game.
Staff secure passwords released to players.

As I have said Dragon's Den will continue as long as players want to play the game.
Since much of the game content was purchased with player donations I think it is only fair that I keep the server running for those who wish it. However I have disabled the donation thread.

I do hope that Obey will tell her staff to back off and leave us alone.
They chose to leave and should do so, just as she chose to leave.

Best wishes to her and the ex-staff of DD.
~LazyZim~

Last edited by Hyper on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed screenshot on request of a user whose name was in it)
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:22 am

"her staff"...? I am no longer part of DD, no longer an admin and they are no longer staff there.

Apart from the fact that it makes it sounds like I own them... I have had no authority over them whatsoever from the moment I left DD. Whatever they have chosen to do after that point is nothing to do with me and I kindly ask you to remember that. They are their own people and have opinions and choices they make on their own.

If you have issue with them then I suggest you take it up with them personally as you are still an admin.

I was told the Guardian accounts were gone very shortly after you opened the server for a couple of days to say goodbye. I understand that there were those who wanted to comfort the players as a Guardian Dragon but were unable to do so. It is an easy matter to change the passwords for those accounts if you wish to continue using them.

I have left all things relating to DD and know of no bullying. Even if there was such a thing occurring, again - and I don't wish to sound callous - but it's nothing to do with me.

I understand you wishing to disable the donation thread as it went to my account. That's perfectly fine and you should see about switching it over to your own account if you ever wish to open donations again.

I am glad that there are those still enjoying DD.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Fine. I do not want any problems we had now being up for discussion on KITO. However I do not have any contact with you or the ex-staff and you probably still do. I called them your staff because you, when you were the co-owner of Dragon's Den, you wished to manage the staff and I had little input with them.

It is sad that you consider bullying of players on a game you created and wanted as a safe haven for people, nothing to do with you. To also have these players bullied by people you consider your friends and you again not being willing to stop it is a surprise to me. We spoke many times IRL about bullying.

"Comforting the players" whilst hiding behind an anonymous account after quitting as staff? Yeah ok I see nothing wrong with that. Passing out to players the "Staff proof of identity password" again why not. Will not compromise security.

You chose to leave DD then OK I will not respond again on this thread. Since DD will continue as long  as I am able to do and you are the co-owner and designer of the game, your admin accounts on the forum and the game remain active. You will always be welcome, just as the ex-staff accounts remain active except they no longer have their powers. A couple have returned as players I see in the logs.

Best Wishes
~LazyZim~
Back to top Go down
Kawoie
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Glasmar
Male Posts : 154

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Lazy. You are an adult. Act like one.

Leave this situation be. Obey is no longer in control of the server as she has left it, so you have no right to blame her for 'her staff' acting up. If you head up the server, then it is your responsibility to take care of it, not her's.

You say that 'a personal disagreement between Obey and myself got out of hand and the staff and players should never have been brought into it.'
If you don't want players and staff getting into it, stop egging the situation on and bringing up useless discourse onto this thread. Accept the fact that Obey has moved on and DD is now in your full control. If things are out of hand, you have accepted it as your responsibility to handle it because you've chosen yourself to keep DD open and running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obey has left Dragon's Den   

Back to top Go down

Obey has left Dragon's Den
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: