HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Some questions, please help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HexalusDox

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Some questions, please help   Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Hey there, I'd love some help. So long story short, for years now I've been wanting to make my own server for personal use. I am not intending to make it public, I just love how the game works, and I want to create my own little world where I can get on and chill.

I found this interesting tutorial on youtube

which in my opinion is WAY more simple than anything i've seen on here. my question is, is that way shown in the video a good and safe way to make a server? it seems pretty easy to follow, but i have a problem. when i go to enter my IP address, it doesnt work. i did the classic "what is my ip" search on google to get the IP, but it wont work with that. so what i had to do was get Logmein hamachi, and use the virtual IP it gives you. which is something i do NOT like. the person in the video is able to do it without using anything, how come i cant? there must be something im missing here. i just want to be able to work on my server without the ever so flawed hamachi bothering me.
Back to top Go down
HexalusDox

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Small update. I tried following Nowe's guide and here is what I have: I made a domain on dnsdynamic, yeah? Basically chose a name and the ip is the same ip i always had. I put that ip in the config, also put it in the localip file, and in the connection txt file that is located in the same folder as the servers. and i still cannot connect to my game.

do i need to port forward, or whatever? i have my concerns that it may not be safe. i do not want anyone to be able to use my server. i just want it for personal use.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 440

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am

If you're trying to connect to the server on the same computer you're hosting from, you'll need a localip.txt in your client folder.

This is what the document should have:
#

And just to make sure I didn't misunderstand something.. do you have screenshots or are you able to show us where you put the files, etc?
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
HexalusDox

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 am

Slain Motionless wrote:
If you're trying to connect to the server on the same computer you're hosting from, you'll need a localip.txt in your client folder.

#

And just to make sure I didn't misunderstand something.. do you have screenshots or are you able to show us where you put the files, etc?

the localip file is in the client folder, and that's what the server folder looks like.

the localip contains my IP address, should it only contain the

# thing? because yes, i am trying to get on from the computer i'm hosting from, aka the only computer i personally own. also, i put my IP address in the config file in the solution, as well as the connection file that is shown above.
Back to top Go down
HexalusDox

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 am

Slain Motionless wrote:

#

Okay, scratch my previous reply, i put in 127.0.0.1 # in the localip txt and it now works, without me needing hamachi! brownie points to you!
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 440

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:46 am

HexalusDox wrote:
Slain Motionless wrote:

#

Okay, scratch my previous reply, i put in 127.0.0.1 # in the localip txt and it now works, without me needing hamachi! brownie points to you!

Glad it's working for you now!
Best of luck on your server my dear~
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions, please help   

Back to top Go down

Some questions, please help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: