HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

After eight long years...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kewlkiera
®
®
kewlkiera

Game username : kewlkiera
Server : ...
Female Posts : 86
Location : Canada. Drinking maple syrup and riding moose 24/7.

After eight long years... Empty
PostSubject: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 6:20 pm

I came into Impressive Title late.
I started in Impressive World, rather, and gained amazing friends who I still talk with to this day. I'd even consider them best friends. From there I went through so many different servers that popped up: Royal Skies, Realm of Shadows, Sanctum of Eventide, Auroara, Dragons Den, Last Moon, GROWL, Glasmar, to name only a few out of the dozens and dozens I've come across.

I came into Impressive Title with a dream of one day owning my own server, and so I did: called Infinite Life. It gained over 700+ members within 2 years and I still could not be more proud of that. I tried making my more recent project, World of Denuo. Those of you who I commissioned, you know who you are, you've all got amazing talent and I can't thank you enough for your input on trying to help me succeed a second time around.
However, I've come to the realization that Impressive Title just isn't what it used to be. Members used to flourish over the fact that there even WAS another server, never mind what was in it. Nowadays, you put in all of this work - your time, resources - this includes real money now, too. But don't get me wrong, I completely understand that, as adults, we need to commission in the art world to survive.
My point is this: Impressive Title, if you make a server, will just end up putting the biggest hole in your pocket for only a handful of members to get on each day.
Members now almost expect that you have: PVP, levelling/EXP, NPCs/shops, quests, unique-but-low-poly player models, additional markings, items, prey that are rigged and have unique animations, exclusive maps which hold new objects, the list goes on. And if you don't have all of this, you can expect to have next to nobody interested in your project.
Personally, as a college student, I can't afford to fund basically $1000 USD into something that's supposed to be meant as a way to connect with other people - or at least, that's what it used to be. And believe me, it's hard when you're in Canada and have to pay USD, lol.
I'd just like to step out while still being able to reminisce on the times when the general player base was more grateful for that connection, rather than what the game is now expected to have in store. The bars are high, and sadly I can no longer keep up with it. Not only that, but I just feel so out of place with it now. Maybe I'm growing out of it, or maybe I just don't have that same motivation I had when I was 12.
However, Impressive Title will always hold a special place in my heart.
I may pop into a server on the occasional "blue moon", but quite frankly I think it's time I've moved on to other things in my life.
This community has had its ups and downs, but for the most part, it's tight-knit, and I'm so very grateful to have been a part of it for as long as I have. I wish you all the best and that, if I come across a familiar face in the future, I'll be sure to give a wave and be reminded of all of the experience I've gained in my time here.

Take care.❤️
Back to top Go down
http://worldofdenuo.boards.net
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 7:31 pm

I understand your dismay but I knew that making an IT server would always cost me money and for little gain. I made Dragon's Den as a hobby that Obey and I could both enjoy. She did some amazing texture work and animations and it gave us a chance to show off her talent and between the two of us  (with copious amounts of help from others) play within our imagination. In the 6 years we worked on the game many players have come and gone. There have also been many sad moments where we have lost players due to sickness (mainly Cancer) accidents, suicide and we know of two players who were sadly murdered. This is all part of being the owner of a server. The last three weeks I have been spending my time on DD with a young 17 year old girl in the final stages of Cancer. The Make a Wish foundation gave her a Gaming Laptop as she had always wanted to play Dragon's Den.  Anyway I gave her mod powers so that we could quickly bounce around the maps and I assisted her to complete the 2 hardest quests in that 3 weeks instead of the months it normally would take. Two days ago she was rushed off to Hospital and no longer responds to messages on Discord or FaceBook. I hope she is still with us and will now wait till I hear from her or not.

That is why Dragon's Den is still being hosted and not turned off like many other servers over the years. So many of the players are there because they have real world problems and my server, your server or any online game gives them an escape.

Due to recent drama I have lost most of my motivation to do any further work on the game. I have had requests to help add more to it, but really DD was something special I shared with Obey and those times are now over.

I am sorry that you also have lost your motivation but then I rarely played my game so player numbers were not that important to me. Yes paying USD for everything is expensive I live in Australia   so feel your pain there.

Anyway I hope you reconsider and if not best wishes for the future.  
~LazyZim~

EDIT: I received a message from the player I mentioned tonight. She is very weak in Hospital. I will wait till she is strong enough to play again or chat some more. Or not. But that is what owning a server is about. Not trying to be popular but by bringing some enjoyment and fantasy into the world. There are amazing people around and just meeting a few is great.

FINAL EDIT: Today I was contacted by the mother of the player with cancer. She had slipped into a coma and passed away this morning the 8th August 2018. That is why I will keep my server running. Even if I never update the game again and all players leave the server will always be up.

Last edited by lazyzim on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HexenHatter

HexenHatter

Server : I'm everywhere, man.
Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 8:32 pm

You've done some amazing work, and were a wonderful admin on IL. Good luck to you in the future!
Back to top Go down
Tigg

Tigg

Game username : Tigg
Server : Impressive Title by Tigg
Female Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 3:16 am

I agree with nearly everything.
I dont spent too much money, but if i do, its more for what i want since its my personal project bringing me the fun. Im always sad no other players enjoy my server but im running it for me mostly and other players are a bonus to share my creations with Smile

Last edited by Tigg on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tiggcreations.com
RedEye
Retired
RedEye

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2590

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 11:28 am

Best of luck to your future from your now old AF admin. Enjoy some cons and people

Very Helpful
Very Helpful
ObeyTheFist

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Good luck and I hope you find something else that interests you as much as IT once did!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After eight long years...   After eight long years... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After eight long years...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Forum-
Jump to: