HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

Game username : DylanCheetah
Server : World of Floofs (Owner), Tribes of Wild (Game Admin)
Male Posts : 23

Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] Empty
PostSubject: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello everyone! I've already learned how to compile an IT server with Visual Studio 2013, but I was wondering if it is possible to do so with other compilers like MinGW.

EDIT: I have successfully modified the KITO source code to work with MinGW. I also made many many improvements and fixed some bugs that I found. The new code is much easier to read as well. I'm hosting this new project on GitHub: https://github.com/DylanCheetah/NeoIT

Last edited by DylanCheetah on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:12 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lamina

Lamina

Game username : Lamina
Female Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Well I tried to build the game with cmake and g++ but it failed horribly. Possible reason could be that there are still a lot of outdated dependencies that were built using Visual Studio and I bet there are also a lot of libraries from MS Windows and MS-Windows-only coding styles used that makes it hard to compile with other compilers.

However, I do know that the gameserver and loginserver were opimized by RedEye so they can be compiled with g++ under GNU/Linux.

You'd have to try and compile the solution using MinGW. However, I don't think that it's possible doing so without making a huge ton of edits in the source and several dependencies first...
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Thanks Lamina. I think I'll try to get it working with MinGW. I've already been cleaning up and optimizing the original source code from RedEye. And I've been patching ogre so it will compile with MinGW as well. So far I can build OgreMain.dll and the OpenGL render system successfully.

I have successfully built Ogre, OgrePaged, and RakNet with MinGW and I have downloaded FMOD as well. I'm going to try and build IT with MinGW after I finish making some improvements to the source code.

p.s. If anyone is interested in building IT with MinGW, let me know. I have figured out a lot so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 am

I got IT to work with MinGW-w64! I had to get the source code for the dependencies and build it first. I did have some trouble getting Ogre to work with MinGW-w64, but I finally figured it out! I also had to make changes to the source code to get it working and make an additional mesh. Very Happy

I plan on posting the modified source code after I finish some improvements I'm making to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamina

Lamina

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Those are awesome news!
Great, that you got it to compile with another compiler. I would be interested in the source if you decide to share it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Of course I'm going to share it! Very Happy

I just need to go over it and make some more improvements first. I want to make some things easier for everyone to do, like adding new body parts that have different UV layouts. Right now the body parts I added have incorrect textures because they have different UV layouts.

I can tell you that I had to change a lot to get this working with MinGW-w64 and I couldn't get it to work with the original MinGW. Just the newer one.

I went ahead and added the body selector code and fixed the staff blocking glitch, so people don't have to know how to do those things. I also added a private chat channel, similar to whisper in Feral Heart. I got tired of typing "/username:message" over and over! XD

I also plan on adding a map maker to this, but I'll probably release the current code first.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 3:09 am

I'm almost ready to post the modified source code. I just need to test a few more things first to make sure everything works correctly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 am

I found a bug with the world loading code, so I need to fix it before releasing the source code.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 3:51 pm

I found an HP bug. I need to find it and fix it.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 2:39 am

I'm not sure how, but somehow the HP bug I was looking for just vanished! I guess it was some sort of intermittent glitch that has somehow went away. I should have the code posted here sometime tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamina

Lamina

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 7:54 pm

I need to research a few things, so I may be late with posting the source code.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Here is the KITO source that I have modified to work with MinGW-w64: see last post for newest link

I have included instructions about compiling it and making your own IT game using this new and improved source code. I may release a Visual Studio version with the same enhancements at a later date.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help! I have found much useful information here. Very Happy

Last edited by DylanCheetah on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
Animator
Animator
GlaciaTheWolf

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Can i ask what is MinGW and how to get it?
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 4:31 pm

MinGW-w64 is based on the original MinGW which is a port of the GNU compiler collection that works on Windows.

You can download it here: https://mingw-w64.org/doku.php

I might post a sort of SDK at a later date that contains MinGW-w64 and CodeBlocks 17.12 because these are needed to build this new source code.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 4:33 pm

I found the source of that HP bug. For some weird reason the LoginServer always sets the HP to 0 when it receives an HP update. Sad
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm

I'll let you know when I release a fix for this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:42 am

I fixed it and a few other things too. I'll post the new download soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:18 am

You can get the newest version here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w3v4l2491j1eghk/IT.zip/file

I've fixed the HP bug and made a few other improvements. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 12:34 am

I have decided to create a GitHub repository for my modified KITO source code. I call it NeoIT. You can find it here: https://github.com/DylanCheetah/NeoIT

Summay: NeoIT is a modified version of the KITO source code that works with MinGW-w64 and contains many improvements and bug fixes. The code has been cleaned up so it is easier to read and work with. I will continue to make improvements to it as I see fit. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions you can send me a pm here on the KITO forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
ObeyTheFist

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 5:56 am

I would suggest posting all relevant links in the very first post of this topic so people don't have to scroll through X number of comments to find things.
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]   Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building IT with MinGW - [UPDATE: 4/6/19]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: