HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

Game username : DylanCheetah
Server : World of Floofs (Owner), Tribes of Wild (Game Admin)
Male Posts : 23

Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites Empty
PostSubject: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Hello everyone! I need to warn you about clicking on old forum links that have the old domain name "www.kitopen.com". They lead to scam sites like this one:

Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites 8qJSF6E

If you accidentally visit one, you must end your web browser via the task manager. DO NOT click anything in the web browser window!

ALWAYS make sure that a link goes to the new domain name "kito.forumotion.com" BEFORE clicking it.

Stay safe everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jengatower

jengatower

Game username : jengatower
Female Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 7:52 pm

big yikes. thank you for the warning!
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 am

sorry to upset you DylanCheetah but you have malware / malicious program on your computer.
Do a google search and you will find many ways to handle and remove this.
Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites 441ea6fa79df87ec4d0ee4f471c570ae

Good Luck
~LazyZim~
Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have anti-virus and do regular boot time scans that bypass any malware. This only showed up when I visited a link on this site and it hasn't showed up since. Therefore it must be from said broken links like I first explained.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
lazyzim

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 765

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Not disappointed. Was just concerned. I also have up to date antivirus and still watch out for malware. This crappy software sometimes finds a way through your protection. Never heard of it coming from a bad link. Anyway as long as you think you haven't got it then fine. But I would double check.
Cheers
~LazyZim~

Back to top Go down
DylanCheetah

DylanCheetah

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks for the advice. I literally shut down my PC and did a boot time scan after that happened. And yes you can end up on scam sites like that by clicking on broken links. The reason why it happens, is simple:

If website A changes it's domain name to B, then someone else can buy the old domain name and setup a scam site there
Then when someone clicks an old link to site A that uses the old domain name, they get redirected to a scam site.

This is why ALL old links MUST be updated when the domain name of a site changes. It's very important and unfortunately this site has old links that lead to that scam site.

Also note that the scam is different each time. I had this happen 3 times. The first time it went to some place claiming to sell shoes/handbags, the second time I got a white and yellow variation of the same message I showed everyone in my original post, and the third time I got the one I showed you.

This is why I chose to warn everyone about this issue and notify one of the admins of this site. Hopefully they will get this fixed ASAP, because this is dangerous for everyone who uses this site.

One wrong click and someone could get a virus or have their bank accounts wiped out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites   Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning About old Links that Lead to Scam Sites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Warnings-
Jump to: