HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Impressive Title on Unreal Engine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragonsilent

Dragonsilent

Game username : Dragonsilent
Server : Too many to count!
Female Posts : 27

Impressive Title on Unreal Engine Empty
PostSubject: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Been awhile since I been on here owo

Anyways, I have thought an idea but I am not sure if it is actually possible.

I have found games that works with Unreal Engine and I thought we could maybe do an Impressive Title server WITH that engine but..

Is it even possible though? That's the question I wanna know about first. Because there may be a time where I wanna try to make an impressive title server with Unreal Engine instead of ORGE someday, just for a test.

I hope I didn't post in the wrong topic! ^^'
Back to top Go down
Lamina

Lamina

Game username : Lamina
Female Posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm

It sure is possible if you have the skills to develop and code it. Unreal Engine is a powerful game engine with much more features than OGRE 1.7 has.
There are already successors of IT servers on newer engines like Cereal Soup (although not labelled as IT server but it's very similar), then there's that one indie game, that was posted once on the KITO Discord server and some WIP games like Untamed (new WS) or Furthest Reach (IW).

If you really want to make your own game with Unreal Engine, I suggest you to gather a good knowledge about C++ and general coding before you start since Unreal Engine uses this programming language. However, as it turns out, UE4 is more difficult to learn than for example Unity. There are many engines out there to use and all of them come with their own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore taking some time to compare them and maybe even try them out in general is suggested. So became OGRE stronger too and even supports mobile devices now.

As from my side, I want to go in that direction once too and develop a game with an engine like Unity or UE4. But for now I spend time on IT servers to learn and gather skills that could be of advantage before I vague to develop my own game from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Dragonsilent

Dragonsilent

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Hm, I guess I could try to make an Impressive Title server one day with Unreal Engine to see how it is like.
Back to top Go down
DenMother

DenMother

Game username : DenMoother or LegendaryWhisper
Server : A lot
Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Unreal has a node system that you can use to code. You really don't have to touch C++ all that much because it has it's own UI system for coding. You can switch between C++ and the blueprint system. To learn more please look at UE's website. They do have tutorials. Honesty Unity and Unreal are better choices for making games. Ogre is currently outdated and rather unstable from what I've witnessed. Plus you would have more options to work with.
Back to top Go down
Dragonsilent

Dragonsilent

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 4:53 pm

I can sorta see that actually XD

I have seen BLOCKED's video of an IT server on Unity before

I forgot how long it was ago though.

-Edit: Why is Cent's name blocked? o.o-
Back to top Go down
DenMother

DenMother

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 pm

Dragonsilent wrote:
I can sorta see that actually XD

I have seen BLOCKED's video of an IT server on Unity before

I forgot how long it was ago though.

-Edit: Why is Cent's name blocked? o.o-
Because the forum still has issues with her. I think it has something to do with their past beef. It's kind of dumb honestly but that's not what this thread is about XD
The only problem with running the Source on Unity is that Unity is known to have performance issues. Cereal Soup, despite being an awesome concept, still has a lot of bugs that it needs to iron out. It has a low score on Steam currently. The important thing to consider when doing an IT server is "is my game ready to be released?" that's why it should stay in the Beta stages for a while before being released.
Back to top Go down
Dragonsilent

Dragonsilent

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:35 pm

I see

I may try using Unreal Engine someday
Back to top Go down
DenMother

DenMother

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm

It's worth it honestly. I did send you a tutorial that I think might be helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impressive Title on Unreal Engine   Impressive Title on Unreal Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impressive Title on Unreal Engine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: