HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gemini

gemini

Game username : gemini
Server : Elementum (WIP)
Male Posts : 12

How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? Empty
PostSubject: How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?   How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 am

so greetings, i wasn't able to find this anywhere despite searching for days. i'd like to keep my posting here to a minimum, but i didn't know how else to help myself, as i am the only one person working on this and i wish for no direct help.

i apologise if this has already been answered somewhere, and if so, i'd greatly appreciate if somebody could link it here, but how do i remove the "New Game" (campaign) button and side box from main menu of the game?

i wish for the game to only contain the multiplayer button on the beginning screen.

important note: i am using the older version source, version 5.5 to be exact, because the newest one didn't sit well with me. i just like things the older way, the way it was the last time i've been here.

if you can help in any way, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
ObeyTheFist

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?   How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 am

Hello!

You can find both in the gui.overlay file! If you simply want to remove them, you should just need to delete what I have highlighted. (Including the exact {} as well) I'm using DD's file for this and it had 'New Game' renamed to 'Campaigns'. The update box (the side box for text on the menu you're looking for) is just under that.

How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? 43df6b239909f052610d3fd50285c474
How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? 1af3b43486e175252242317fad8d4802
Back to top Go down
gemini

gemini

Game username : gemini
Server : Elementum (WIP)
Male Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?   How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 am

thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin
Hyper

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 564

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?   How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:29 am

you need to delete it in the source too or youll crash

search the buttons name and you should find its variable, in this case it's the button of id BUTTON_NEWGAME

you need to remove anything that calls it or youll crash every time that function executes

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?   How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the extra button and side box from main menu?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: