HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AutumnLeafdust

AutumnLeafdust

Game username : AutumnLeafdust
Server : Blazing Wolves ReBorn (Owner)/Dragon's Den/Eternal Time
Female Posts : 51

Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" Empty
PostSubject: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 12:36 am

Hello all, it's been a while since I roamed these parts. So a while ago I got the spark to try and host a server again. I thought "Why not, it should be easier than the first time."

Well I did the expected, which was to download what was needed for the source and edit the source to my liking (read: mostly wanting to fix the no scroll chatbox, icky gravity and lord forbid that void doDoubleJump to fix again),work with the ad/cd files, place port rules on both the firewall and router, stuff like that.

At first, I tested my connection's IPv4 address in
Code:
#define MAIN_SERVER_IP
thinking that would work. In short, it didn't after I sent the client to a friend of mine to test and see if she could connect.
So after a bit of struggling, I took the NoIP approach shown here and went on my merry way with recompiling to change the server IP into the noip domain (currently [name].ddns.net as I couldn't spot the noip option shown in Witacha's tutorial) and setting up the DUC. Unfortunately, the version I got was 4.1.1 whereas Witacha's tutorial showed it to be on version 4.1.0

After that was all set, I got the server up (made sure to open login first, game second) and tried to connect. Hit by failed connection request. I rechecked that everything was in place and that DUC was open. It was all fine, and DUC was open, albeit minimized.

Tried to recompile with the public IP address set on my device, that didn't seem to have worked. (The one you get when you search "what is my IP")
Tried it again with the [name].ddns.net domain, and it still isn't working. The only way I can get in is with the localip.txt method.

It should be worth noting that whenever I recompile, my antivirus (McAfee LiveSafe) seems to want to flip its lid with login/game and the game.exe files, blocking them momentarily unless I click "Allow Always" or something similar. Adding them to the Real-time Scanning's exclusion list has not seemed to help in that regard.

I have tried looking around as much as possible, but most of the threads and such that I got did not really help with my current problem. (I tried with many keywords, some either yielded the same results as other keywords or semi-unrelated ones.)

(If anybody needs screenshots, please tell me of what in particular!)
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

AutumnLeafdust

PostSubject: Re: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 12:01 am

Bump, I've tried several methods over the past few days, including but not limited to:
-Switching from our house modem to our LTE router (same ISP)
-Using a VPN
-Adding the ports into McAfee's allowed ports or whatever it was called again
nothing has worked so far. I've also checked the ports using three port checkers (including the one powered by NoIP), two spat me with connection timeouts, one said the ports were closed, despite me having them allowed through the firewalls and both the house modem and router. Starting to suspect it may be our ISP blocking them (screw me if that's the case), but I can't check right now due to the time (Currently nighttime at the time of this being posted).

Still only able to gain access via the localip.txt method.
Back to top Go down
WHIT3FANG

WHIT3FANG

Game username : WHIT3FANG
Server : PRIMAL LEGION (owner)
Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:24 pm

ive been having a similar situation.
everything seems to be pointing at noip being the culprit, id try just using a static ip

also you may want to disable any anti-viruses you have (aka McAfee) while working on this stuff because they really don't like IT servers
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

AutumnLeafdust

PostSubject: Re: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 pm

WHIT3FANG wrote:
ive been having a similar situation.
everything seems to be pointing at noip being the culprit, id try just using a static ip
When you say static IP, are you referring to static IPv4 or static public? If it's static IPv4, I currently have it set with the house modem for convenience's sake

WHIT3FANG wrote:
also you may want to disable any anti-viruses you have (aka McAfee) while working on this stuff because they really don't like IT servers
Much more so nowadays as for some reason, it's decided to try and block certain programs from accessing the internet unless I always allow it (my firewall's traffic controller is set to monitored access because of how many times the connection was auto-blocked because of smart access), and even then it doesn't matter, much less so if I have to recompile.

I'll test turning off my AV after the static IP based question's answered, mostly cause I wanna know before I make a hasty decision

Update: Okay I did the AV testing anyway. Disabled every bit of McAfee before trying again, and it still didn't work. Placed my computer into the modem's DMZ for a bit and it still did squat. Didn't test disabling McAfee with the LTE router but I'll do that later tonight.
I'll also try recompiling soon without using NoIP's domain and instead use the public IP address (if that is what I have to use) with the same McAfee disabling tests.

Last edited by AutumnLeafdust on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WHY DO I NEED TO SPECIFY SO IT SHOWS AS AN EDIT NOOO)
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

AutumnLeafdust

PostSubject: Re: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:33 am

Yet another bump, still stuck.
I've tried a myriad of things so far, including but not limited to:
-Setting the computer into the router's DMZ (first was the modem's)
-Disabled McAfee with the router
-Changed the IP to my IPv4 for a moment (turned out to be a flop after testing with my SO)
-Allowed the game, loginserver, and gameserver through both McAfee and Windows Firewall
-Tried to use my router's public IP
-Allowed the ports through the router, despite being in a DMZ just in case

Nothing's working. As White said, it may be NoIP causing this and if not that, my public IP, and if not that either, my ISP.
Port checkers still spit me with timeouts and closed messages, despite them being opened.

ISP is...well, I'm not sure what exactly to say except that it is Claro (PR) if that matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"   Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unable to host with NoIP? Getting "Our connection request has failed"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: