HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The domain www.kitopen.com will expire on 2018-08-17. Update your bookmarks to point at http://kito.forumotion.com/
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" Empty
PostSubject: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Serverless Staff Labor Herding : Having people make an entire new server for you without helping, paying, or doing basic Admin duties.

Lately there have been a number of threads with the same basic format;

" Hello, I really want to make a server called Impressive______ ,
I'm looking for a person who can host my server,
and I'm looking for a person who can Code IT servers good!
If you are a model maker or mesher please join my staff team here! : www.Impressive_____.proboards.com
Please join I'm really in need of staff and help I've been wanting a server for a long time!"

These type of advertisements are not acceptable. KITO is a place were YOU can learn how to create your own animal
MMO. This is NOT a place where you become an Admin only to order people to make a brand new game for you for just so
you can say "I thought of the name for it, so I'm the leader and I own it!".

There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but trying to learn
how do do something yourself, or asking for a couple of things like models & codes, is completely different than getting people
to make an entire game for you. Read the tutorials.

Put effort into making your own server or you find yourself not making one at all.
This is categorized as spam and may lead to revoked privileges of KITO forum.

Last edited by Slycan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spottedlion10

Spottedlion10

Game username : Spottedlion10
Server : Skaiya Administrator
Female Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 pm

^ and that is exactly what i am doing right now. I am in the process of learning all i can from here to make my own IT server and i have achieved success in all of the tutorials I have read.

And i do agree with what you said above. Many people who say all that are the younger 13 and below who dont know shit and expect people to do the work for them.

THE ONLY WAY TO GROW UP AND MATURE IS TO LEARN FROM YOUR OWN MISTAKES.

So, to anyone this refers to, get off you lazy ass and start learning. You dont go to school/ make everyday life mistakes for nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.it-ressurection.proboards.net
FagonStar

FagonStar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm

I'd have to say I'm glad you posted this Slycan.

If there is anything I hate more than a lazy partner, it's someone who expects you to work for free.

This site is called "Keeping IT Open" not "People Who Work For Free".

Like you said there is nothing wrong with asking for help(although if I see another thing about a corrupt or missing DAT file I'm going to scream), but that doesn't mean you can just go around and ask people to do everything for you.

There are plenty of tutorials and even freebies to put in your servers, and if that's not enough then stop stroking your ego, get off your lazy ass and PAY someone to make content for your server.

There are plenty of people who would be more than happy to make original content for money.

And if you don't have any money then, make some! xD

If there is anything worse than someone expecting cheap labor, it's someone expecting free labor. /rant
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Draak

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 am

8| I got a PM with something along those lines. They even LINKED THE TUTORIAL in their pm asking me to make them a server.

How lazy can someone get?
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

FagonStar

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am

... Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Draak

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 am

Yep. Seriously.

I get a feeling they may have made a mass pm to people but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

FagonStar

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

Hmm, either that or they just decided to PM the smart sounding people. xD

Still can hardly believe people can be THAT lazy...

Last edited by FagonStar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoOneImportant
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
NoOneImportant

Server : None
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 am

Was it a pm like this

Hi, well i thou Because I have problems with the server , 1 is not opening, 2 i'm getting mixing my game ... so i thou that if you can make me an server C: like when you finish it you can give it to me, and you tell me what i fill in :3 but you don't have when you don't have to when you don't want too :,)
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

FagonStar

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 am

I got a PM like that, actually. KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" Wth_Face_Fail_by_GreatMind16
Back to top Go down
NoOneImportant
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
NoOneImportant

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 am

KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" Not_so_happy_face

From Fox*****?
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

FagonStar

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 am

I actually don't remember who it's from, I got it a few weeks ago and deleted it. |'D
Back to top Go down
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

Game username : Noctis-Suhasha
Server : Nocturnal
Female Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 am

I just cannot seem to get anything working though! I have actually tried before!
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Draak

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 am

Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Was it a pm like this

Hi, well i thou Because I have problems with the server , 1 is not opening, 2 i'm getting mixing my game ... so i thou that if you can make me an server C: like when you finish it you can give it to me, and you tell me what i fill in :3 but you don't have when you don't have to when you don't want too :,)

Mine was something along the lines of:
"can you plz make me a server, I'll make you admin if you do. Here's the link to make a server: http://kito.forumotion.com/t468-tools-for-compiling-and-a-guide-to-start-off"

Mind you I'm just paraphrasing it.

And mine wasn't from a user with Fox in their username.

I told them I don't make servers and asked why they were asking me, didn't get a response pff. Wonder if they were already banned, since it was from a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

Server : Galaxy of Infinity [Private Beta Test]
Female Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 am

Yeah. I have the message about it too :/
Really hate these messages about creating servers for everyone >_<
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 am

Techwolf77 wrote:
I just cannot seem to get anything working though! I have actually tried before!

Seems you only have two choices then;
Keep Trying
or
Give Up
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Here is the message I have taken from Jessica90:

Can you do me an server, please i can't understand, when you can make me an server for me you are my best person it world ! and i make you admin! here an link to make an server : http://kito.forumotion.com/t468-tools-for-compiling-and-a-guide-to-start-off

=_=
Back to top Go down
NoOneImportant
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
NoOneImportant

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm

SB~2012 wrote:

Can you do me an server, please i can't understand, when you can make me an server for me you are my best person it world ! and i make you admin! here an link to make an server : http://kito.forumotion.com/t468-tools-for-compiling-and-a-guide-to-start-off

=_=

Oh dear god
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Eyes Rutherford wrote:
SB~2012 wrote:

=_=

Oh dear god

Yes I know >_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 pm

She really send you this? O.o
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Draak

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I guess I was right about them mass messaging .-.
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

DarkLyonix wrote:
She really send you this? O.o

Yes
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Draak wrote:
I guess I was right about them mass messaging .-.

It's really right
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Thank you Slycan for posting this.
It's about bloody time someone did.
The 'Looking for talent' board is spammed with newbie admins trying to look for entire staff and design teams for servers that don't even have their own compile or designated host - and sometimes not even a forum - and on the rare occasion not even a name!

My general message to everyone trying to make a new server; Forget knowing coding, how to compile, meshing, etc. for a second - if you don't have ANY administrative experience, whether it's as a staff member on an IT server, on an IT forum, on another completely irrelevant-to-IT roleplay forum or just a staff member in general on a semi-active/active site DON'T MAKE A SERVER.

You NEED that experience. Go try out for an existing server, hunt around for open applications. Once you have that experience you'll understand far better how to run a forum, how to lead a team and a game than you did before.

Get off your lazy ass and volunteer for someone else as a moderator or administrator in an existing team/game/forum if you want to make a server THAT bad.

I mean, by all means you can do it if you want - skip the experience and make one, but you will have no idea what your doing, the staff team you hire will probably disapprove of your un-ruly actions and immaturity (since anyone over the age of 15 should have the brains to go learn before doing and most of the people starting new servers are 13 and under....) and quit, leaving your new shitty server to die a fast and quiet death.

The only way to learn is to practice. And the only way to successfully practice is to have a teacher. And who's a good teacher? Members of an existing staff team. Because I guarantee, no one knows everything about something they have NEVER done.

Then - granted you're smart enough to follow the steps - hunt around for tutorials and try and make an effort to learn.

We will all gladly help you! If you take the effort to try and learn yourself first. and by effort, that means a good try of searching google and KITO because 80% of the time you're problem has already been solved.

However my response to those PMing me to join their staff team is simply: "Sure, I'll help. What do I get paid? " (perhaps not as blunt but you get the idea). That makes them shut up and leave me alone :3
Back to top Go down
Ashlyn Sheypher

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:49 pm

;3
Back to top Go down
NoOneImportant
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
NoOneImportant

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I tell you what I didnt want to even learn blender at first but with some of the past DT I had I learned its very hard to rely on people for what needs to be done and I got tired of one of em being to busy Trolling Feral hearts everyday to get there work done so I got sick of it sat down and looked up tutorials and used Shadow and Hammys positioning and item guide. Now I can do maps, textures, markings, Meshes, Items, and Prey. It really is not that hard once you get into the beat of it, it just takes effort and like in Shadows tutorial a Good song playlist cuse sometimes it takes a while XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"   KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KITO does NOT support " Serverless Staff Labor Herding"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: